WE COMMIT OURSELVES TO THE MINISTRY OF EVANGELIZATION (Art 51, p.1)
“Give aid to all without exception; your vocation obliges you not to exclude anyone, for everybody is our neighbor.” (Blessed Mary Angela, Vol. I, 112)
Our Congregation has a history of undertaking the ministry of direct evangelization. We:
- Responded to a call and invitation from the Church to establish missions, which grew in time and became provinces (United States, Canada and Brazil).
- Responded to having a Felician presence in new places that continue to grow in Kenya, Estonia, Ukraine, Russia, and Northwest Territory
- Responded to the needs of the time until our presence was no longer needed or not able to continue for various reasons (Germany, Mozambique, Mexico)
- Responded to individual sister’s requests to minister in Felician missions of other provinces and participate in mission experiences
- Continue to support missions in Brazil (especially in the Amazon), Kenya, Estonia, Ukraine, Russia and Northwest Territory
- Carry out new kinds of “missions” in Kingstree, North Carolina and Pomona, California
- Provide mission evangelization experiences in Kamchatka, Kenya, and future plans to Amazon and the Northwest Territory
- Educate, engage and encourage Sisters to seek new ways to respond to the contemporary needs for evangelization in the world, such as the refugees in Eilat, Israel.
- Consider requests for Felician Franciscan presence and ministry in new territories throughout the world
List of ministries opened in our Congregation during the last 28 years Missions